Eric’s Tip: I love these in lettuce wraps with some fresh julienned vegetables.
Bang Bang Chicken
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 1” pieces
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 qt. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 scallions, chopped
- ½ tsp. ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp. red curry powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup chicken stock
Method1. Place the Copper Chef on medium-high heat, then fill halfway with canola oil. Heat the oil to 365º F. Place the fry basket into the oil carefully.
2. In a bowl, mix together milk, flour, cornstarch, egg, hot sauce, and sea salt.
3. Dip the chicken pieces into the batter, then into a bowl of panko breadcrumbs. Carefully drop into the oil.
4. In batches, cook until lightly golden, about 4-5 minutes.
Never overfill the basket.
For the sauce:
5. Place the clean Copper Chef on medium heat and add the olive oil.
6. Sauté the scallions, ginger, and garlic for 2 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 4-5 minutes. Lower the heat and reduce the sauce by about a third.
7. Drizzle the sauce over the chicken before serving.