BBQ Pot Roast
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3-3 1⁄2 lbs. of chuck roast
- 1⁄2 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 1 cups wild mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cups carrots, large chopped
- 11⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 11⁄2 cups large chopped potatoes
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tbsp. garlic, nely chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1⁄2 tsp. rosemary
- 1⁄2 tsp. mustard powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. coarse ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1⁄2 cup instant potato akes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method1. Place olive oil in inner pot.
2. Press the CHICKEN/MEAT button once and then the cook time selector twice for 60 minutes (60 minutes high pressure).
3. Salt and pepper the meat and place it into the hot oil to sear. Sear all sides for a few minutes until nicely browned. Set the meat aside.
4. Sauté the vegetables for 5 minutes, then add the meat back in.
5. Add the remaining ingredients except butter and potato akes.
6. Place the lid on the pressure cooker. Lock the lid and switch the pressure valve to the CLOSED position.
7. Once the timer reaches 0, switch the pressure release valve to the OPEN position. When all of the steam is released, open the lid.
8. Take the meat out and let it “rest.” Hit the CHICKEN/MEAT button once again and simmer the sauce that remains in the pot for 10 minutes on high heat.
9. Add the butter and potato akes and stir to thicken and incorporate.
10. Slice the meat and ladle sauce overtop to serve.