- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup small diced red onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 pound ground beef, lamb, turkey or chicken
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta, divided
- 2- 7 1/3 ounce bags of pita chips
- 2 cups thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
- 1 large tomato, medium diced
- 1/2 cup small diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
Method1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat the oil in the COPPER CHEF PAN on medium heat.
3. Add the onion and garlic, sauté until soft.
4. Add the ground meat, oregano, salt and pepper.
5. Cook the meat, crumbling it up as it cooks, until it is cooked thru.
6. While the meat is cooking add into the bowl of a food processor the yogurt, olive oil, lemon, cumin and half of the feta.
7. Process until smooth.
8. When meat has finished cooking, remove the COPPER CHEF PAN from the heat and transfer meat into a bowl.
9. Take one bag of pita chips and lay evenly in the bottom of the COPPER CHEF PAN.
10. Top with half of the meat.
11. Sprinkle half of remaining feta over the nachos.
12. Repeat with remaining bag of pita chips, meat, and feta.
13. Place in oven and heat thru, about 20-25 minutes.
14. Remove from oven, drizzle the yogurt mixture over the top.
15. Top with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and olives.