Monte Cristo Sandwiches
- 4 long slices crusty white bread
- Dijon mustard
- 8 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 pound thin sliced deli ham
- 1/4 pound thin sliced deli turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Oil for brushing
Method1. Lay out the 4 slices of bread on a work surface.
2. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise and mustard on each slice.
3. Lay 2 slices of the Swiss cheese on two slices of the bread.
4. Divide the ham between the two slices with the Swiss cheese.
5. Divide the turkey on top of the ham.
6. Divide the remaining Swiss cheese on top of the turkey.
7. Flip the two slices of bread on top of the cheese.
8. In a shallow baking dish whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
9. Press the POWER button on the POWER AIR FRYER XL. Then press the M button.
10. Adjust time to 8 minutes.
11. Press the POWER button again to preheat the POWER AIR FRYER XL.
12. After 2 minutes of time has elapsed, remove the basket and brush the bottom of the basket lightly with oil.
13. Dip one of the sandwiches on both sides in the egg batter and place into the basket.
14. Return the basket to the machine and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
15. After 3 minutes remove basket and flip sandwich and cook for remaining 3 minutes.
16. Repeat cooking process for the second sandwich.